2015년 10월 11일 일요일

[입트영] 10월 셋째주

10. 16 Talk about Zoo you have been to

I used to love going to the Zoo when I was little(/young)
                                                    어렸을 때
I was delighted to see the animals.
  신나는, 기뻐서 뛰고 싶은 정도

My favorite animals were elephants, giraffes and monkeys.

I remember feeding them food with my own hand.
                                           내 손으로 직접
(*get a feel for ~: ~에 대해 감을 잡다)

I also remember going to a safari.

There were lions, tigers and even bears in the safari.

It was so cool to see those wild animals so closely.
너무 신났다.

I also remember watching dolphin shows at the zoo.

My parents bought me souvenirs.

They bought me fancy hair bands and stuffed animals.
                    = colorful, unusual, special, expensive
(*stuffed: 배가 터질거 같다. 폭식하다 feel something up.여기선 동물 봉제인형)

We also had ice cream, snacks and cotton candy at the zoo.

Overall I have a lot of  pleasant memories of going to the zoo when I was kid.
                             기분좋은
(I have a lot of pleasant memories back from school: 학창시절에 기분좋은 기억이 많다.)

<Today's expression>
I'm against having animals in captivity. : 동물 감금에 반대해.



10.15 Talk about flies

Flies can be a nuisance.
              성가신 존재, 골치거리

There are many flies near the dumpster.

You see them a lot especially in the summer.

You definitely don't want them in the house.

They carry around germs  and can land on your food.

They also make annoying sound flying around.
(*around: 여기저기 왔다갔다, 주변을 이동하는 모습에 쓰는 전치사)

You can use a fly swatter to catch them.
                    파리채
But that can be hard because they are pretty fast.

Sometimes flies can lay eggs in the house and multiply in numbers.
                      알을 까다                           개체수가 배가 된다

That' the worst case scenario.

The best way to keep flies out is to keep the house clean.
                     못 들어오게 하다
(*screen door: 방충망)

That way you won't attract them  into the house in the first place.
  그게 애당초 파리를 집으로 끌어들이지 않는 방법이다.


<Today's Expression>
*I'm sorry for being such a nuisance: 성가시게 해서 죄송해요

*I can't stand flies. : 파리는 질색이야. 못참겠어.
I can't stand him : 그를 못참겠어. 짜증나. (hate 보다 강한 표현일 수 있음)



10.14 Talk about cicadas in Korea

There are many cicadas in Korea.
                     매미
They make a lot of noise in the summer.

They can be a bit annoying.
                 신경쓰이다, 짜증나다. =gets on your nerve.

They are around all summer and then into early fall.
                    여름내도록 있다가 초가을까지
(*into 이동의 느낌을 갖는 전치사)

Sometimes we can hear them all day as they cry at night as well.

They can be distracting as the noise they make so loud.
                집중을 못하다

Plus they always make noises in groups
                            단체로/집단으로 운다

When one  start to cry, all the others start to cry together.

They not only live in the countryside but also in the city as well.

Wherever there are trees, chances are you will find them.

They are eventually die off as the weather gets colder in late fall.
                     죽어 없어지다. 멸종하다.
(*die off/ die out = distinct, 멸종하다, 자취를 감추다.

<Today's Expression>
Mosquitoes die off when it gets colder. :추워지면서 모기가 사라졌다.
They make a lot of noise all night long. : 그들은 밤새 시끄럽게 굴었다.
His jokes were a bit annoying. : 그의 농담에 좀 짜증났다.
Just ignore what he said. : 그가 한 말 흘려버려


10. 13 talk about when there was a short circuit in your house

I remember when there was a short circuit in my house.
                                  누전되다  (*정전: power outrage)

The power kept shutting down. 
     전원            아예 차단하다

I checked the fuse box and turned it back on,
                   두꺼비집

But the power kept shutting down again.

I had to call the management office.
                       아파트 관리실

A Technician came to see what was wrong.
    기술자

We unplugged the bigger appliances and turned the power back on to see what the problem was.
(*unplug: 코드를 빼다)                                            

It turned out  that there was something wrong with the wiring  in the house.
(=find out eventually, 발견하다, 밝혀지다)              회선/배선

The fridge also seems to have some problems.

In the end, the technician took care of the problem and we got power back on.
                              =fix, solve 처리하다/ 돌보다            전기가 다시 들어오다.

                         
<Today's expression>
*I think I  can take care of the problem myself. : 나 혼자 해결할 수 있다.

*There was a power outrage. 정전이 됐어.
(black out: 도시 전체가 깜깜해질때)




10. 12 Talk about Getting off work

I normally get off work around 6 or 7.
(*Get off (work) : 퇴근하다)

There are times when I get off work late.

I have to work after hours from time to time.
                초과근무

It commonly happens especially at the end of every month, when we're wrapping things up for the month.
(*wrap up ~ : ~를 마무리하다)

Traffic gets pretty bad when I get off work.
교통체증이 꽤 심하다

It can take forever when I get stuck in traffic.
     시간이 많이 걸리다

So I normally take the subway to avoid rush hour traffic

We do have staff dinners off and on.
                     회식       (*off and on =occasionally, 때때로)

Staff dinners end late at night at times.

The subway or the bus stops running.
                                      =operate, 운행하다

In that case I have no choice but to cab it home.
                                               택시로 귀가하다 (cap: 택시 타다)

< Today's Expression>
*I head out early. : 일찍 출발하다

I left my car at home today. :오늘 차를 집에 두고 왔어.

I'm gonna cab it. : 택시 타고 갈거야.

Is the bus still running? :버스가 아직 다니나요?







In that case to home.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기

참고: 블로그의 회원만 댓글을 작성할 수 있습니다.