2015년 10월 18일 일요일

[입트영] 10월 넷째주

10. 23 Talk about your experience of working out at the gym

I used to work out a lot a long time ago.
   이렇게 띄어쓰면 뒤에 강세 '월 까웃'!
  
However I stopped doing that at some point.
                                          어느 시점에서

Naturally I started to gain weight.

Then one day I decided to work out again.

I signed up at the gym near my house.
 등록하다/수강신청하다

These days I hit the gym three times a week on average.
               =go the gym.
(*hit: (slang) hit the shower hit the  books)

Its has become a part of my daily routine.

When I go to the gym I do some cardio for about half an hour.
                                          =cardiovascular exercise, 유산소운동

I burn about 500 calories on the treadmill.
                                            러닝머신

After that I lift some weights for about an hour.
                =do some weights

I also do some sit ups to work on my abs.
      윗몸일으키기                복근: abdominal muscle
(pull-up : 턱걸이)
(I need to work on my legs: 다리 근육좀 키워야해. 다리 운동좀 해야해.)

It feels really good after a good work out.

<Today's Expression>
I pull the muscle in my back while lifting some weight.: 근력운동 하다가, 등 근육을 삐긋하다
what do you do for your work out? 운동 뭐하세요?
I do mostly cardio. 보통 유산소운동해요.
Do you do weights? 근력운동도 하나요?








10.22 Do you like riding bikes?

Riding bikes is all the rage in Korea these days
         (복수로)    대세다/ 인기폭발이다

Many more people are riding their bikes.

It's a great way to get some exercise.
                 운동하기에 좋은 방법이다.
(*I walk to school to get some exercise; 운동하려고 학교에 걸어간다)

Plus it's lot of fun to ride with other people.

I have actually join the biking club.
                              자전거 동호회

We get together every weekend to ride together.
     같이 타기위해 모인다

We most often take our bikes out to the riverside park along the Han river.
                    (물건을) 들고나가다
(*pool side party : 풀장 파티)
(*I take my bike out in fine weather like this.: 이렇게 좋은 날씨면 자전거 타러 나간다)

When I ride bikes I always put on protective gear.
                              안전장비 (이때 'gear'는 단수로만 쓴다)

I put on a helmet, knee pads and elbow pads.

My bike is just an ordinary bike.

It's not that pricey but some of my friends own bikes that are really expensive.

<Today's Expression>
Let's take our bikes out for a ride. : 자전거 타러 나가자.


10.21 Talk about the computer mouse you use.

I have three computer mouses.

One is ordinary mouse.

It's connected to my desktop at home.

It's quite bulky but I like the grip.
      부피가 크고 무게도 나간다.

It fits right in my hand.
   손에 딱 맞다 (easy to hold)

Another mouse I have is typical wireless mouse.

I have to plug the piece into the USB port.

The mouse actually folds in half.
                        반으로 접히다
(the bike folds in half, easy to carry)

It's good when I have to carry it around.
                                  여기저기 들고 다니다
   
The other mouse I have is blue tooth mouse.

I don't have to plug in anything.
                  연결하다

I just have to pair it with my laptop.

It's really cool.

I think wireless mouses are very convenient, because you don't need any wires.


<Today's expression>
my mouse is out of battery. 건전지 다 됐다.



10. 20 Talk about your parents

I used to live with my parents before I got married.

I moved out right after getting married.

My parents live close by.
                가까이 산다

I see them quite often actually at least twice a month on average.

We call or message each other back and forth quite often.
                                          왔다갔다/주고받다

There are very family oriented and we have a lot of family gatherings.
              가족중심적이다/가정적이다             가족 모임

They love to see their grand children.

They used to come and give us a hand with our children when they were babies.
                                 도와주다

My mom and dad are also quite active despite their age.

They like to go hiking and play badminton on a regular basis.
                                                     정기적으로, 주기적으로

I feel grateful to have my parents.
  감사하다

<Today's Expression>
when are you moving out? 언제 이사 가니?

people tent to message each other back and forth instead of calling.
요새는 전화대신 메시지를 주고받는다

My father is family oriented. 아빠는 가정적이시다.

We need to be grateful for everything we have. 우리가 가진 것에 감사할 필요가 있다.

My parents live back home. 부모님은 고향에 살고 계셔.


10.19 Talk about your siblings

I'm the oldest among my siblings.
나는 첫째다. (<->the youngest)

I have a younger brother and a younger sister.

I'm three years apart with my brother.
남동생과 3살차이다.
(=My brother and I are 3 years apart)
(*나이 차가 난다고 할 때 Apart를 쓸 수 있다)

My sister and I have quite an age gap.
                            나이 차가 꽤 난다

She is 8 years younger than I am.

I'm very close with my young(younger) sister.

She used to rely on me a lot when she was growing up.
        =depend on someone, 의지하다, 의존하다

She came to me first when she had problems.

We have always had a good chemistry. (여기서 a 빼도 됨)
(*have a good chemistry:  잘 맞다. 잘 통하다 <-> we have no chemistry)

On the other hand My bother and I have had some issues.
(*issue: 문제가 있다)

We're very different in many ways.

There are times when we have different views about family issues.

But overall, we get along okay.
                   잘 지낸다. 잘 어울린다


<Today's expression>
They overcame their age gap. ; 그들은 나이 차를 극복했다.

We have some issues over money. : 우리는 돈문제가 좀 있다.

I get along ok with my mother in law. : 시어머니와 잘 지내는 편이다.

I'm the only child in the family. : 나는 외동이다. (=I'm an only child)



댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기

참고: 블로그의 회원만 댓글을 작성할 수 있습니다.