2015년 9월 28일 월요일

[입트영] 10월 첫째주


10.2 Talk about when you feel tired.

I feel pretty tired these days, because I have a lot on my plate.
                                                      이것저것 일이 많다
I'm working on a large project at my office.
(*work on + 업무 : 일을 하고 있다)

We have a big dead line coming up.
                            다가오고 있다 (*up: 접근의 의미)

I work over time a lot and come home very late.
(=Work after hours: 시간 외 근무)

I sometimes have to bring work home and even work over the weekend.
                                                                 주말내내 일하다 (*over: 경과의 의미)

I'm getting only three or four hours of sleep a night.
                               하루 3~4시간 자고 있다

I feel like I'm overworking at times but there's not much I can do.
                                   가끔은              

I'm trying my best not to get burned out.
                             지치다, 에너지를 고갈하다

I just hope this project passes by as soon as possible.
                               지나가다

I think I will take a few days off after work done with it.
                 며칠 휴가를 내다.

I really need to get some rest.
                      휴식을 취하다



* You should take care of your health.  건강 챙겨


10.1 Talk about English classes you took back in school.

One of my favorite subjects back in school was English.
                                    학창시절 (back in my twenties : 내가 20대때)

I really liked my English classes and teachers.


I think we had four to five classes a week.
                    네 다섯개

English was mandatory subject and it was one of the subjects in Korean SAT.
                필수, 의무적인                                                  수능시험

We learned grammar and we were tested on reading and listening skills during our mid-terms and finals.
(*be tested on: ~에 관해 평가를 받다)

In college we also had to brush up on our speaking skills.
             갈고 닦다, 연습하다. =improve

Companies these days require speaking test scores.
                              요구하다

That's why many people are taking speaking tests such as OPIC.

Mean while, students these days start learning English as a subject from third grade.
 한편                                                                              
(*'grade'는 대학에서 쓰는 학년. 초중고에서는 'year'를 쓴다.)

Many student also learn English outside of school at language schools.
(*Prep school, cram school: 시험 대비학원)

There are many online courses or phone based programs that offer various programs.


9. 30 Talk about the car insurance you have

It is required by law to have car insurance in Korea.
법으로 규정돼 있다 (mandatory)/ insurance는 복수를 안쓴다
(*get insurance : 보험에 가입하다, have insurance: 보험에 가입돼 있는 상태)

I have comprehensive collusion coverage on my insurance plan.
                포괄적인 충돌 혜택(자차보험)           보험정책

The insurance company pays if my car was in an accident and needs for repairs
                                 (*I was in an car accident: 사고가 났다)      (반드시 복수로!!)

I also have full liability coverage.
                   (다른 것에 대한) 책임을 지다

It covers both injury and property damage.
                   상해(대인)     기물파손(대물)

Most car insurance policies in Korea are like that.

I have to renew my car insurance every year.
           갱신하다

The insurance fee varies  from person to person.
보험료 (*insurance money: 내가 받는 '보험금')

It depends on how old you are and how long you had car insurance.

Plus the fee goes up if you had accidents and goes down if you didn't have any accidents.

*I heard you were in a car accident.
the insurance company cover the costs. (보험회사가 처리비용을 댔다)



9. 29 Talk about Convenience Stores in Korea
                            편의점
You can find convenience stores all over the place in Korea.
                                            온통, 사방에
You can easily find one, because they are on every street corner.
                                                          골목마다 있다
Most of them are  open 24 hours a day.
                    24시간 내내 영업을 한다
They sell everything at convenience store.

It's not just drinks, snacks or ice cream.

They also sell basic stationery and household items.
                   기초 문구류
They even sell things like plain cards and sewing kits.

Pus a lot of convenience store have promotions going on.

You can get discounts with points on your mobile membership card.

They also had 'buy two get one free' promotions going on for various items.

This helps boost sales for the store and helps customer get more for their money
   매출을 증진하다                                      같은 값으로 더 많은 이득을 얻었다

*tell me about it. 맞아
There's one every other building. 건물마다 있어.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기

참고: 블로그의 회원만 댓글을 작성할 수 있습니다.