2015년 9월 20일 일요일

[입트영] 9월 넷째주

9. 25 Talk about the family holidays in Korea

There are two big family holidays in Korea.

One of them is that Korean version of thanks giving called 추석.
                              한국판
(호떡 is Korean version of Pan cake: 호떡은 한국판 팬케이크다.)

It's a 3 days holiday, normally during month of  September or October.

The reason the day changes is that it is based on lunar calendar.

During the family holidays, family members get together at one place.
                                                              한자리에 모이다
People visit their hometowns to see their relatives
                          고향
They cook holiday foods and eat together.
             
They also hold memorials for their ancestors.  ('제사를 지내다' 가장 간단한 표현)
              열다    제사 (or memorial service)
(it's very meaningful to hold memorial for ancestor.)

They also visit ancestor's graves to pay their respects. 
                     성묘가다                  예를 표한다
As everybody is on the move,
                           이동중
It's very hard to get plane or train tickets during this time of year.
                                                             매년 이맘때쯤

*Traffic was an nightmare. : 차가 끔찍하게 막혔어.
I was stuck in traffic forever : 정말 오랫동안 묶여 있었어.


9. 24 Talk about the housing market in Korea

The housing market in Korea has been in a slump for the past few years.
(I'm in a slump :나는 침체기다)

There were less and less people who wanted to buy houses as the economy was bad
     (gradually decline <-> more and more)

More people wanted to rent a house or a apartment instead.

As more people opted to sign a lease contract, rent prices rose sharply.
(opt to: ~ 하기로 선택하다,
sigh a lease contract: 임대계약
rise sharply: 급격히 상승하다)

That became a huge burden on households. (가정, 가계)
                       큰 부담 (it's a huge burden on me: 그게 얼마나 부담인지 아니?)

Meanwhile there are two ways of leasing a home in Korea.
                                                   
One is 월세 which is monthly rent system, the other is 전세.

This is when you pay a lump-sum the deposit at the  beginning of the lease contract and don't pay a monthly rent.          
(a lump-sum :  일시불 =huge amount of money)
(this is when : 이런 경우는~다, 라고 말할때)

*There are signs of recovery recently. 최근 회복하려는 조짐이 있다.



9. 23 Talk about A studio apartment you used to live in

I used to live in a studio when I was in college.
                                              대학을 주로 college라 함.
Because My family lived far from my school, I had to move out,
                                                                     이사가다 (move in 이사오다)
and lived by myself. (혼자 살았다)

Many of my classmates lived in similar studio like that.
                 학교친구
The studio I used to live in was just right size for me
                                           내게 딱 맞는 크기다.
It wasn't that big, but it had everything I needed, including a bath room with the shower booth.

In fact it was partly furnished studio.
                      (non-furnished, fully furnished)    

things like the washer and the fridge were built into the walls.
                 세탁기            냉장고  (에어컨 : the AC)
I have to buy  my own bed and desk among other things.
                       소유격 강조
I paid a monthly rent while I was living there
           월세
*Were they fully furnished?
풀옵션이야?

9. 22 Talk about your contacts or glasses.

I have pretty bad eye sight 
       <-> good eye sight
My eye sight was pretty bad from when I was young.
(I've had bad eye sight since when I was young. )

It got worse in my teenage years.

I needed to get a higher prescription for my contact as my vision worsened.
                    높은 도수/처방전의 안경      

Now I can't see at all without my contacts.

I used to disposable contacts lenses that are very convenient.
               일회용 렌지
When i com home I take out contacts and wear glasses.

I need to give my eyes some rest. 
                        brain    (머리를 좀 쉬게 해주다)

A lot of people around have gotten vision enhancement surgery.
                                                                 시력교정수술
I'm thinking of getting LASIK or implantable contact lenses myself in the future.

I can't wait to get 20 20 vision 
하고싶어 못견디겠다/  1.0 시력정도 시력이 완전히 좋다고 말할때

*My eyes get dry very easily. 눈이 쉽게 건조해진다.




9. 21. Do you think you are athletic?
                          (운동을 잘하는, 운동신경이 뛰어난)

Both my parents are very athletic.

My dad was on a soccer team when he was in school.
(on a team : 팀 소속을 나타낼 때)

My mom used to swim competitively in high school.
                     수영선수 생활을 했었다
(competitively = compete with other : 다른 사람과 경쟁하다)

They now enjoy playing badminton and golf time to time

I'm quite athletic myself. ('나도', 라는 어감. 강조)
운동신경이 없는 편이 아니다. ('꽤' 좋은 편이다)

I think I got it from my parents.
         부모님에게 물려받았다. (외모, 성격, 기질 등등)

I'm a fast learner when it comes to sports.

I've tried various types of sports in my life including squash, tennis, and bowling.

I'm taking yoga classes these days as well.
요가 수업을 듣는다, 배운다

Yoga helps me become more flexible.

Overall, I'm glad I'm a person who enjoy sports.

I think I can stay healthier. because I'm like this.
                                              나는 이래요.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기

참고: 블로그의 회원만 댓글을 작성할 수 있습니다.