2015년 11월 22일 일요일

[입트영] 11월 넷째주


11. 27  Talk about the differences between small and large communities.

Large communities and small communities are quite different in many ways.

First of all, People are friendlier in small communities.
                            더 친절하다
(*friendly 상냥하다,친절하다,-성향/ kind는 친절하다 - 성품)
 
(*the locals were much friendlier than I expected. 예상보다 현지인들이 훨씬 친절했다.
I wish she were friendlier to other people. 그녀가 다른 사람에게 좀 상냥하면 좋을텐데)

Everyone tends to know everyone else in a small town.
                        서로 다 알고 지낸다
(*Everyone else was there except him 그 빼고 모든 사람들이 다 있었다.
Everyone else knows that you like her. - it's open secret. 다른 사람 모두가 니가 그녀 좋아하는 걸 알아. 공공연한 비밀이라구.)

So People are more like family.
 (be more like family 가족같다)
(*I'm more like family with my class mates. 반친구들과 가족처럼 지낸다.)

People are very well aware of what happens to their neighbors.
                   매우 잘 안다          

Locals are friendly to strangers who visit their town as well.
현지인들          
(*I try to be friendly to strangers if they ask for directions. 낯선사람이 길 물으면 친절하려고 한다.
It is hard to be friendly to stranger. 낯선 사람에게 친절하기가 어렵다)

On the other hand, in large communities such as big cities people don't know each other that well.
(do not know that well: 그다지 알지 못한다.)

Even neighbors who lives next door sometimes don't know each other at all.
                            옆집에 살다
(*I used to live next door to my mother in law. 시어머니와 옆집에 살았다.
A famous movie star lives next door to me. 유명한 배우가 내 옆집에 산다.)

This is very common thing in many large cities.

<Today's Expression>
My dad went out of town. 아빠가 어디좀 가셨어. (=my dad is out of town)



11. 26. Talk about events that take place in your community

There are various events that take place in my community.
                                    열리다, 이뤄지다
(*we are supposed to gather in front of the community center 동네주민센터앞에서 만나기로 했다.)

First, there are things like charity bazaars.
                             자선바자회(버자르)
(the profits made from charity bazaar will be donated.)

People make donations and they sell those things at the bazaar.

They use the money for good causes.
                               좋은 대의명분

The bazaars take place at local parks or in apartment complexes.

There are also events that are held for senior citizens.
                                   열리다         어르신들 (노인the elder보다 정중한 표현)

They hold special events to help the elderly.
                                              노년층

These events are often held at community centers.

Apartment complexes have their own events and promotions as well.

(*I have my own style when it comes to fashion)

You can often see people selling things in apartment complexes.

They offer good quality goods for good prices.


<Today's Expression>
Your mom seems to be quite a busy person. 니네 엄마 되게 바빠 보이신다.

She dose a lot of community service. 사회봉사활동을 많이 하셔.

She's very active and very much involved. 매우 적극적이고 활발하게 참여하셔.




11. 25 Talk about a time when you had to reschedule an appointment


I remember a time when I was supposed to go to the dentist.
                                    하기로 되어있다

I had an appointment on a Saturday
                             토요일 쯤이었다. (정확한 시점이 아닐때 a를 붙임)

However something came up suddenly, I couldn't make it to my appointment.
              갑자기 일이 생겼다                     ~시간까지 하다

I had to call the dentist and tell them that I couldn't go.

I rescheduled my appointment and got my teeth checked up a week later.
   예약을 다시 잡다

I also remember when I had to cancel my nail appointment because I hurt my finger.

My finger got stuck in the door and it bled a lot.
              ~끼이다                         블레드 (bleed 과거형; 피흘리다)

My finger nail got badly bruised.
                           멍이 심하게 들다 (붓다 swell up)

There was no way I was going to get my nails done.
~할 방법이 없다

I called the nail salon and postpone my appointment.
                네일샵          연기하다


<Today's Expression>
It totally slipped my mind. 완전히 깜빡했어.




11. 24 Talk about a time when the subway or the bus was packed with people

I remember a time when there was so many people on the bus.

It was during morning rush hour.
                   아침 출근길

The bus was packed with people.
             ~로 가득차다

I couldn't move at all, because it was so crowded.

I couldn't even breathe properly.

Plus I had a lot of stuff in my bag that day.

It was very heavy.

My shoulders hurt because I was carrying my heavy bag.

Even worse I was sweating a lot.

Because it was a hot summer day.

By the time I got off at my stop, I felt exhausted.
                   내리다
I wished I had my own car.

I still remember how inconvenient it was to be on a packed bus like that.


<Today's Expression>
My foot hurts so badly. 발 엄청 아프다.
Someone stepped on my foot on the subway. 누가 지하철에서 내 발 밟았어.


11. 23 Talk about a time when you were stuck in traffic.

I remember a time when I was stuck in traffic forever.
                                                           아주 오랫동안
It was rainy Friday night and the roads were packed with cars.
                                                 도로가 차로 가득찼다
(*this intersection is packed with cars all day. 이 교차로는 종일 막힌다.)

It  took me almost two hours to get to my destination.

It should have only taken one hour or less.

i was supposed to meet up with some friends.
~하기로 되어 있었다.
(*you were supposed to do the dishes. 니가 설거지 하기로 했잖아)

They had to wait for me and I felt so bad.

I regretted not taking the subway, because there is no traffic on the subway.
                                                교통량이 없다. 차량이 없다
Anyway I learned my lesson that day.
             배웠다, 깨달은바가 있었다.
(*He doesn't seem to be learned lessons 그는 배운게 없는거 같다)

Ever since that instance, I always make sure to take the subway when there is a lot of traffic on the roads.


<Today's Expression>

Was the traffic bad? 차가 막혔니?

Traffic was bumper to bumper. 차가 꼬리에 꼬리를 물고, 완전 정체됐어. 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기

참고: 블로그의 회원만 댓글을 작성할 수 있습니다.