2015년 8월 9일 일요일

[입트영] 8월 둘째주

8. 14 Talk about  problems you had with your eyes.

I used to have really bad vision. 
                                (=eye sight)
I couldn't barely see without my contacts.
                                       콘택트렌즈
I got LASIK surgery 5 years ago.

My eye sight got much better but my eyes get dry quite often.
                ~되다 (변화)
I put in eye drops when they get too dry.
               안약
Also my eyes get bloodshot when I don't get enough sleep.
                         충혈

I have special eye solution I put in, when my eyes get too red.
                       안약                                           충혈되다
It makes much better.

Plus I once remember a time when I had eye infection.
                                                         눈염증  (sty: 다래끼, 스따이)
It was pinkeye.
        아폴로 눈병, 유행성 결막염
My eyes got all red and I couldn't see very well.
                 온통 빨갛다
I went to see the eye doctor immediately.
                       안과의사      (optometrist 검안사)              
She said I  had conjunctivitis.
                           결막염 (컨정터바이리스)
I got some medication prescribed and I made sure I didn't rub my eyes.
          약을 처방받다                                            눈을 비비다
I got better in  few days.


*My eyes are all blurry : 눈 앞이 온통 뿌옇다




8.13 Talk about your Blood Pressure

I have a family history of high blood pressure.
          ~ 가족력이 있다. (유전적으로)
(I have a family history of diabetes다이어비리스 : 당뇨 가족력이 있다)

My mom and dad both have problems with their blood pressure.

They are on medication that helps them control their blood pressure level.
      상시복용하다.
  On: consistently, 상시로
  Medication: medicine 보다 포괄적, 의약품 통칭

They also try to their cholesterol levels by watching what they eat.
                                                      주의하다, cautiously

They try to eat less salty foods and not to much greasy foods.

My dad also quits smoking and drinks less because his blood pressure.

So I take it for granted that I will have a problem with my blood pressure in the future.
 ~를 (사실로/당연하게) 받아들이다

It's not that bad yet.

My blood pressure is somewhere close to 120 over 80.
                           대략 그 즈음이다         80에서 120사이, 영어는 높은 수부터 읽음
I'm trying to work out more and eat healthier and watch my weight.


*I have low blood pressure
*It runs in the family.: 가족 대대로 그렇다. 가족력이다. 가족들이 그렇다. (성향, 기질, 질병 등)
(We are all lay back. It runs in the family. : 우린 다 느긋해. 가족들이 다 그래. )





8.12 Talk about what you do to send money to someone

When I have to send money to someone or someplace, I always use mobile banking.

I don't use ATMs anymore to do that.

I first signed up for online banking at the bank.
        ~을 신청하다
(I signed up for classes for next semester.)

And then I installed the mobile banking app on my phone.

I also downloaded digital certificate onto my phone.
                             공인인증서 (certificate : 인증서, 자격증)

Plus I got what's called an OTP from the bank.
 '소위~라고 하는':  상대방이 모르는 뭔가를 소개하거나 설명할 때 씀

OTP stands for one time password.
      줄여서 한 말이다 = Short for

It's a small device that generates six digits password every minute.
                               생성하다  6자리
 (last two digit/ first two digit : 끝 두자리/ 첫 두자리
  He has six-digits income : 그는 억대 연봉자다)

There are more passwords to remember to do mobile banking these days due to 
                                                                                                  ~때문에
additional safety regulations.
                 보안규정
But the spite all that I think mobile banking  has really make wired transfer easier.



* Oh, my account has blocked. : 내 계좌가 막혔다.

reactivate : 계좌를 다시 풀다.


8.11 Talk about the gas station you often go to
                                  주유소

I go to a gas station near my house most often.

Unless I run out of gas in the middle of nowhere.
           떨어지다           어디있는지 모를때/ 주변에 아무것도 없을 때
(I feel like I'm in the middle of nowhere. 여기가 어딘지 모르겠어.)

The gas station I go to is a  self-serve station
                                          셀프 주유소
The gas is a bit cheaper than other places.
   (연료 통칭)
Plus there is an auto maded car wash, so I can get my car washed when I need to
                      자동               세차
Plus I can get a discount when I use credit card there.

Also they give me free gifts such as bottled water or tissue when I fill up the tank.
                                                     물병 (bottled beer: 병맥주)  (연료를 채우다)
The only problem with that gas station is not open 24 - 7.
                                                                 (24hours/ 7days; all the time. 연중무휴)
They close like 11ish, so I can't get gas if I go too late.
                 (11시쯤)


*I'm almost out of gas.
기름이 다 떨어져가네.
I'm going to fill up soon.
곧 연료를 채워야겠어.



8.10  How do you get around

I drive my own car on here and there. but the traffic gets really bad sometimes.
           내 차                                 교통상황이 정말 안좋다/ 도로 차가 많다
(The traffic wasn't that bad today.)

Monday mornings and Friday evenings are the worst.
 월요일 아침마다 (S:반복될때)                     최악이다

There is so much traffic on the roads.
    오늘 차 정말 많다.

(There's no traffic if you use the subway.)
      막히지 않다.

Parking is another problem.

It's so hard find the place to park.

It times, I just feel like leaving my car at home and using public transportation instead.
 ~생각이 든다. ~할걸 그랬다.

I take the subway or the bus depending on where I'm going.

In Seoul and the surrounding area the subway is very well organized.
 수도권                                          지하철이 잘 돼 있다. / 잘 정비돼있다.            

There are nine lines all together.
                             모두
You can practically go almost everywhere on the subway.
         거의, 사실상 (이거 하나만 잘 써줘도 좋다)

*It takes forever to get there. 거기 가는데 '너무' 오래 걸려. (강조할때 forever씀)
Tell me about it. : 맞아.
GPS: 네비게이션을 그냥 간단히 이렇게 말하면 됨.
I should have left car at home 차 집에 두고 올걸

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기

참고: 블로그의 회원만 댓글을 작성할 수 있습니다.