2015년 8월 16일 일요일

[입트영] 8월 셋째주


8. 21 Talk about Green house gases and global warming
                         온실가스
Green house gas emission have been a serious problem for the entire world.
온실가스 배출                                                              전 지구적으로

Green house gases trap heat in the earth's atmosphere.
                     열을 (못나가게) 막다   지구 대기권
This makes the planet warmer.

It's big contributor to global warming.
         컨츄리뷰러, 기여
There's been a surge in green house gas machines in the last few decades.
                    급증                                               지난 수십년동안
Most of it comes from power generation.
                                  전기발전
We burn fossil fuels like natural gas, oil and coal for electricity, heat and transportation.
              화석연료
Now there are system's in place for selling and buying the rights to emit green house gases.            ~ 가동중에 있다. 설치돼있다.                             온실배출권

In order to reduce the amount of green house gas machines, We need to develop alternative energy sources.
   대체
Planting more trees is also very important.


* We need to conserve energy.
                   보호하다


8. 20 Talk about Water Purifier you have at home
                    (필터가 있는) 정수기
Although tap water is quite clean, not many people drink straight from the tap.
            수돗물                                                                             수도꼭지

People either buy bottled water or have a simple water dispenser at home.
                     =bottle of water                          생수기
Water purifier's also  very common in Korea.

These machines are filtered water to make the water more drinkable.
                          걸러내다 (he has no filter: 그는 막말해)

They are just ordinary models that dispense hot and cold water.
                                             나오다 =release
There are also fancier models that make icy cubes.

These days  sparkling water is high in the demand in Korea.
                                        (<->low in the demand)

We see water purifier models that dispense carbonated water as well.

Because they are quite expensive, There are rental programs for water purifiers.


*They make the water drinkable.

The water is icy cold.
                 정말 차갑다


8. 19. Do you have a bidet at home?

I have bidet in my bathroom
        비데 ('비데이' 라고 읽는다)
Bidet has become a lot more common in the last ten years or so.
                                                         지난 10년 정도
Bidet commercials and ads are easy to come-by.
        TV광고            인쇄광고      쉽게 목격되다/눈에 띄다

You can buy one, but you can lend one as well.

There's also a membership you can sign up for.

If you have a membership, a person from the manufacturer comes to your home regularly  and changes its filter.

Using a bidet has its benefits.

I think It helps to be cleaner.

The toilet seat heats up /and you can set the water /that squirts out/ to be warmer /as well.                                                                      솟아나오다

It's great invention and I can't live without it now.
                                ~없인 못 산다


*The Toilet is clogged up : 변기가 막히다
 plunger : 하수구 뚫는 것. 뚜러뻥


8. 18. Talk about when you shave.

I shave every single day.
 면도하다    매일같이 (하루도 빼놓지 않고)
I have a razor in the bathroom
          면도기, 레이져
It's a pretty new razor that has multiple blades.
                                           다중칼날
It even vibrates when I press the button.
(Put your phone on vibrate: 폰을 진동으로 놓다)

It helps me get a cleaner shave.
                   더 깔끔하게 면도하다

I replace the blade to a new one every two to three weeks. (교체하다)
(become dull : 날이 무뎌지다. sharpen: 날을 갈다)

I make sure to use shaving cream when I shave.

Because it helps me get less skin irritation.
                                        피부자극 (피부가 화나다^^)
I also put on some after shave after I'm done.

The Alcohol in the after shave sanitize the skin
                                        소독하다
I have an electronic razor but I don't use it at home.

I use it when I go on trips.
                            일반적인 여행이라서 '복수'로 씀
Meanwhile my wife says she shaves her legs when she takes shower.


*I'm out of shaving cream  (~가 다 떨어지다)
셰이빙 크림이 다 떨어졌네.


8. 17. Talk about The Scale you have at home

I have /two scales/ at home
               체중계
One/ is /just an ordinary scale./ It's/ in the bath room.
                일반, 보통
I measure /my weight/ after I take shower.
재다, 측정하다
The other one/ is /in my room.

It's /a digital scale /that shows the weight/ in actual numbers.
                                                 (성격규정)  실제숫자, 실제수치

Having scales/ in the house/ is quite helpful /when it comes to /maintaining my weight.
                                                          (~함에 있어서)  체중을 유지하다
I can find out /how much weight/ I gained /or lost.

Measuring my weight became a habit of mine when I was on the diet.
                                  습관이 되다
I used to check/ how much weight/ I lost everyday.

It used to motivate me /to eat less /and work out more.

I would recommend people/ to have a scale/ at their homes/ if they want to lose weight.
사람들에게~ 추천하겠다


*The scale isn't working properly. 체중계가 제대로 작동하지 않아.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기

참고: 블로그의 회원만 댓글을 작성할 수 있습니다.