2015년 8월 30일 일요일

[입트영] 9월 첫째주

9.4 Talk about memorable posting you saw on social network sites recently.

I remember one of my friends posting a picture of her newly born baby recently.
                                                                       갓 태어난 아기, 신생아
Her baby was adorable.

I also remember people posting pictures of their pets.

They catch a musing moments on camera and share with other people.

I also remember people posting pictures of food what they having.

Korean are very fond of posing pictures of food  at restaurant.
          좋아하다 (~ing)

Next I see a lot of funny video clips on Facebook  these days.

I remember seeing a video of Two Filipino divers making a terrible mistake at competition recently.

The clip was hilarious and it went viral
       빵 터지다. 아주 웃기다     입소문이 나다, 계속 퍼져나가다
 (it made me crack up; 빵 터지다)

I reposted it on my page because it was so funny.
  다시 포스트하다.

It got more than 2 billions hits  more and got tons of likes
                                  조회수

* I left comments on the picture.
짧은 글을 남겼다.



9.3 Talk about how coffee shops  have changed in Korea

Coffee shop have changed a lot over the years.

There are not simply places or people have drinks anymore.

First, most of coffee shops these days sell snacks such as bagels, sandwiches or cake.

Many places sell various flavors ice cream or Korean shaved ice dessert with sweet toppings called 빙수

Many people go to coffee places to grab a  bite or to get refreshments like these.
                                            간단히 요기하다      간식 먹다
Plus, Many students study for tests, have study group sessions or engage in team projects at coffee places.

Since some coffee shops are open 24-7, There are great spots to study at.
                                           연중무휴
Some people have  work-related meetings or even blind dates there as well.
                            업무상
Of course many people just drop by at coffee shops to get coffee to go.
                                     들리다                                         테이크아웃
Overall, coffee shops have become a multi purpose venue for various activities.
                                                     다목적공간

*Let's just kill some time at coffee shop : 카페가서 시간 좀 때우자.

awkward : 어색하다

on the way to work : 출근길


9. 2. Talk about Signing up for classes in College
                        수강신청하다
College students sign up for their classes before the semester begins.

All of this is done online these days.

Students sign up for require courses for major and for some electives.
                              필수과목            전공                선택과목
There are certain amount of credits they have to take to graduate.
                                      학점
Some students end up having classes all week.
                 결국 ~ 하게 되다
Others concentrate their classes on certain days of the week.
                                             특정요일
College junior and senior have many classes directly relate to their major
  3, 4 학년 (freshman, sophomore; 1,2 학년)     직결하다

Students who have double majors have to take more classes.
                             복수전공
Right after classes began, there's period when students can drop courses or sign up for extra classes.                                                               수강철회

Once classes began students get the syllabuses from the professors and then attend the class.                                          강의록                                             출석하다
     
*how many credits are you taking?
 몇 학점 듣고 있니?



9. 1 Talk about When school semester start and end 

Schools have two semesters in Korea.

The new school year starts in March.
            새학년
It's the same for all schools.

Elementary, Middle and high schools all start their new semesters in March.

College students also start their new school year in the same month.

The spring semester lasts until mid July for grade school and late June for college.
                    지속하다        중순    보통초등학교(1~12학년)지만, 고등학교까지도 포함
(I can't wait to start my semester.)

The summer breaks starts in July and ends at the end of August.
 여름방학 (vacation 은 좀 올드패션임)
(I had meaningful summer breaks last year.)

Winter and summer breaks are petty much the same length.
                                                     길이가 비슷하다
The fall semester starts in September at all schools

It's called the second semester in Korea

It lasts until December for college,  and January for grade school.




8. 31. what can you remember studying

I remember studying most of time back in high school.
                               대부분           옛날에/예전에
I had a lot of subjects to study for the college entrance exam.

My senior year of high school was specially tough,
3학년                                                힘들었다
because There are so much ground to cover.                                                                                              범위, 해야할게 많았다.
I used to go to cram schools  after class until  late at night. 
                      학원 : 운전면허학원 driving school

I took the Korean SAT but  my score wasn't as high as I wanted to be.

My overall GPA wasn't that bad, I fail to get into school I wanted.
             평점, 내신정석, grade point average

So I took another year to study for college. 재수하다

I attended a cram school for students who wanted to raise their score.
출석하다, 다니다
Eventually I got into the school I wanted

and I think that the extra year was worth the investment.
                                      투자할 가치가 있었다.

*EPD
I had hard time in high school. 고등학교때 힘들었어.
All I remember is studying day and night  기억나는 거라곤 밤낮으로 공부한 거 뿐이야. 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기

참고: 블로그의 회원만 댓글을 작성할 수 있습니다.